You are here
EUISS at the Stockholm Forum
The EUISS participated in the 2023 Stockholm Forum on Peace and Development. Together with Conciliation Resources, the Institute organised a partner session entitled The War in Ukraine and the Future of Conflict and Peacemaking.
The session set out to explore how the Russian war of aggression in Ukraine is affecting the way in which war is fought and peace is made. In drawing on a forward-looking perspective, discussants identified possible trajectories of violent conflict and their implications for multilateral diplomacy and institutions. In drawing on regional insights from Africa and Eastern Europe, as well as the role of the digital sphere in the context of conflict and mediation, the session then explored the prospects and constraints on peacemaking and mediation.
The event was moderated by Dr Alexander Ramsbotham, Director for Research and Innovation at CR. EUISS Director, Dr Gustav Lindstrom set the scene with welcoming remarks and EUISS Associate Analyst for Conflict Research, Dr Viola Dreikhausen synthesised the discussion before making closing remarks.
- Adam Day (Head of Geneva Office, United Nations University Centre for Policy Research)
- Chido Mutangadura (United Nations University Centre for Policy Research)
- Govinda Clayton (Mediation Support Manager, Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue)
- Roxana Cristescu (Advisor to the Office of the Ukrainian President, Senior advisor at the European Institute of Peace)
- Teresa Whitfield (former Director, Policy and Mediation Division, UNDPPA)