You are here
Traineeships (period February 2014 - June 2014)
From February to June 2014, the European Union Institute for Security Studies (EUISS) is providing a limited number of traineeships to candidates who have obtained their Master’s degree.
The main task of trainees will be to assist the research team under the supervision of the Documentation and Research Officer who is responsible for the programme. Work will be primarily focused on research, while certain administrative tasks may also be entrusted to trainees from time to time.
The traineeship will be for a period of 5 months, running from the beginning of February 2014 to the end of June 2014. According to the background of the selected trainees, the traineeship will be based either at the Institute’s headquarters in Paris or at the EUISS Brussels Antenna. Please mention your (non-binding) preference in the application.
Trainees will receive a monthly stipend of 1000 euros. Trainees are entitled to one day’s leave per month plus French festivities and public holidays. They are expected to be present at the Institute during normal working hours, although justified absences may be authorised by the Documentation and Research Officer (France) or the Brussels Liaison Officer (Belgium) upon request.
The Institute regrets that it cannot pay for travel expenses or accommodation nor can it assist trainees in finding accommodation in Paris or Brussels.
The deadline for applications is 4 November 2013, 18:00 CET. Applications received after this deadline will not be taken into consideration.
- Candidates must be citizens of an EU member state;
- Candidates must have completed at least a Master’s degree in a field related to political science, international relations, or equivalent;
- Candidates should have a very good knowledge of at least one of the Institute's main working languages (English and French); knowledge of additional languages is an asset;
- Candidates should ideally have some work experience in a field related to security and defence policy;
- Selected candidates will be required to provide a copy of their European Health Insurance Card prior to arrival.
Instructions for applicants:
- Complete the online application form;
- Attach a detailed CV (.pdf or .doc/x);
- Attach a cover letter addressed to Philip Worré, Documentation and Research Officer, outlining the reasons for the candidate’s interest in the Institute’s traineeship programme and the applicant’s main strengths.
Decisions will be communicated by email by the end of November.
(For traineeships taking place in the second half of 2014, a new application period will open in April/May 2014.)
Τhe processing of personal data by the EUISS is governed by Regulation (EC) N°45/2001. By submitting an application for a traineeship, the applicant consents to the processing of the personal data contained in the application form and the supporting documents enclosed therewith, in the sense of Article 5 (d) of the Regulation. The personal data in question is collected by the EUISS for the sole purpose of the selection of trainees.