You are here
Research Assistant (part-time)
Within the framework of a consortium of think tanks, the EUISS requires a part-time research assistant to assist with its activities in relation to Africa. The work contract is for six months, renewable. Flexible working hours and remote working practices are possible. Temporary EUISS work contracts do not offer benefits linked to the status of EU civil servants. The successful candidate will be expected to start on Monday, 7 June 2010 and will receive a monthly salary of €1,500 (net).
Job profile and tasks:
Under the supervision of a research fellow:
- Coordinate and contribute to EUISS African activities, in particular within the framework of the “Observatoire de l’Afrique”.
- Organise EUISS meetings and seminars
- Prepare concept notes for seminars and research projects
- Comment, coordinate and draft articles or book chapters published by the EUISS
- Follow up on the work of COAFR, PSC and other EU institutions related to peace and security in Africa
- Ph.D or equivalent
- Specialisation in African peace and security issues
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French.
- Experience of working as part of a team.
- Proven writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of EU institutions
- Very good knowledge of African political systems
- Experience in network cooperation
- Experience in organising seminars
Please send the following documents via email to damien.helly(at)iss.europa.eu no later than 11pm, Wednesday 26 May, 2010:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of Ph.D degree or certificate
- Copy of Ph.D thesis
- Two letters of reference