You are here
Position: Web Editor
Position : Web Editor
Reporting to the Head of Communications & IT, the successful candidate will support the communications team in editing, developing and promoting the Institute’s website. The web editor will:
- liaise with in-house and external authors in the area of EU foreign policy, edit their articles and seminar reports and ensure continuous renewal of the site.
- write summaries and brief descriptions for the Institute’s website
- edit and compose the Institute’s quarterly newsletter
- write or edit promotional material
- write or edit press releases
- format documents and brochures using desktop publishing software
- publish website articles using the Institute’s content management system
- support the Communications team in keeping the press databases up to date.
- promote the Institute’s website by networking with other EU institutions, think tanks, universities and similar.
- support the Communications team in developing the Institute’s web presence.
- ensure the referencing of the Institutes publications on external websites
- manage web users feedback
Requirements and Qualifications
- university degree or equivalent
- good knowledge of EU foreign policy
- first-class writing and editing skills in English (preferably English mother tongue)
- good command of the French language
- experience in web publishing and SEO
- ability to work in a small team
- good communication and interpersonal skills
To apply, please forward a complete CV and covering
Letter, including salary requirements to:
Contract : The Institute will initially offer a renewable six-month temporary contract
Short-listed candidates will be interviewed in Paris and requested to pass a written test to assess their editing ability.
Applications should be submitted by 18 April 2010.