You are here
Head of Administration and Personnel
The European Union Institute for Security Studies (EUISS) is seeking to recruit a Head of Administration and Personnelfor its Headquarters in Paris.
The successful candidate must be a national of a European Union member state, have a higher university degree and more than 10 years of experience in an administrative role. S/he will be responsible for administering the Institute’s staff of approximately 40 with diplomacy, discretion and impartiality.
EUISS post No.2
Grade: A3/4 (Coordinated Organisations)
Ref.: EUISS (2014) PER/001
1. Job description
Reporting to the Director of the Institute, s/he will be responsible primarily for:
- drawing up staff contracts and implementing recruitment procedures, Staff Regulations and Pension Regulations;
- all matters related to social security and statutory staff medical check-ups, and negotiating associated contracts such as complementary health insurance, official travel, etc.;
- the Headquarters Agreements between the EU and the host state (France) and relations with the relevant authorities concerning the privileges and immunities granted by the government of the host state;
- monitoring developments in the joint bodies of the Coordinated Organisations, as well as the European Union, implementing any changes in regulations and directives;
- the running of all premises and facilities including the negotiation of relevant contracts and overseeing the inventory;
- processing security clearances when required;
- the security of the EUISS in his/her capacity as Security Officer.
The appointee must:
- be a national of an EU member state;
- enjoy his/her full rights as a citizen and have fulfilled any national military obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service;
- be physically fit to perform his/her duties;
- possess a higher university degree in law or administration and several years of proven experience in a similar post;
- have experience of working for an international organisation, preferably within EU institutions and/or agencies;
- have experience as an office manager and coordinator;
- have an excellent command of the Institute’s two main working languages (English and French).
3. Instructions for applicants
All interested candidates must fill in the online application form;
Attach a detailed CV with a clear description of the candidate’s education and professional experience.
Attach a cover letter addressed to Antonio Missiroli, Director of the EUISS.
The deadline for submitting applications is 30 April 2014, 1800 CET.
4. Screening and selection procedure
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to provide the names and contact details of two referees.
Decisions will be communicated by mid-June at the latest.
The successful candidate will be offered an initial contract of three years in accordance with the EUISS Staff Regulations.
The EUISS is an equal opportunities employer in accordance with its Staff Regulations and with EU regulations.
Τhe processing of personal data by the EUISS is governed by Regulation (EC) N°45/2001. By submitting an application, the applicant consents to the processing of the personal data contained in the application form and the supporting documents enclosed therewith, in the sense of Article 5 (d) of the Regulation. The personal data in question is collected by the EUISS for the sole purpose of this selection process.