You are here
IES post No. 16
Grade: A1 – A2
Réf. IES (2013) PER/59
The EU Institute for Security Studies, an agency of the Council of the European Union based in Paris, is recruiting a Financial Officer.
Working in close collaboration with the Head of Administration and under the supervision of the Director, the person appointed to this post will be responsible for the financial management of the Institute.
Accordingly, s/he will:
- be secondary authorising officer;
- register budgetary commitments;
- prepare the necessary documents to carry out payments and reimbursements;
- estimate and prepare staff salaries in accordance with applicable scales;
- keep track of member states’ financial contributions;
- assist with the preparation and monitoring of the annual budget of the Institute;
- produce financial and budgetary statements;
- supervise and evaluate those carrying out work on the Institute’s accounts;
- supervise and evaluate those carrying out work on the accounts of ad hoc projects;
- constantly evaluate and improve the accounting and payment system in use.
The appointee must:
- be a national of an EU member state;
- enjoy her/his full rights as a citizen;
- be physically fit to perform her/his duties;
- have experience of working for an international organisation and, ideally, in EU institutions and/or agencies;
- possess a postgraduate degree and at least six years of relevant professional experience;
- have an excellent knowledge of one of the Institute’s two main working languages (French, English) and a very good command of the other;
- possess sound knowledge of Microsoft Office and a willingness to learn relevant software (AX);
- possess a recognised formal qualification in accounting and/or advanced certificates on ABAC (EC Accrual Based Accounting system).
The successful candidate should:
- be methodical, accurate and organised;
- be able to respect strict confidentiality;
- have excellent personal communication skills;
- be capable of supervising, coordinating and evaluating the work of others;
- be at ease working in an international environment.
Instructions for applications
All interested candidates must fill in the online application form;
Attach a detailed CV with a clear description of the candidate’s education and work experience.
Attach a cover letter addressed to Antonio Missiroli, Director of the EUISS.
The deadline for submitting applications is 17 January 2014, 1800 CET.
Screening and selection procedure
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to provide the names and contact details of two referees.
Decisions will be communicated by the end of February.
The successful candidate will be offered a fixed-term three year contract, with the possibility of extension. S/he will be expected to start as soon as possible.
The EUISS is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with its Staff Rules and with EU regulations.
Τhe processing of personal data by the EUISS is governed by Regulation (EC) N°45/2001. By submitting an application, the applicant consents to the processing of the personal data contained in the application form and the supporting documents enclosed therewith, in the sense of Article 5 (d) of the Regulation. The personal data in question is collected by the EUISS for the sole purpose of this selection process.