You are here
EUISS Post 24
Ref.: EUISS (2014) PER 002
The EUISS is organising a selection procedure aimed at:
a) recruiting a staff member, with a contract duration of three years, renewable;
b) setting up a reserve list of candidates in order to either fill future vacancies or to offer temporary contracts in a similar capacity;
The salary scale of the EUISS is determined according to that of the Coordinated Organisations, to which the grade B3/B4/B5 makes reference.
Events coordinators constitute a team assisting in the organisation of events such as seminars, conferences, workshops and dialogues. Tasks are assigned to them by the EUISS team of Analysts under the supervision of the Director and/or the Head of Administration and Personnel.
Main responsibilities include:
- Dealing with the full range of logistical aspects of events (e.g. formatting programmes, sending invitations, organising accommodation/catering, drafting and following budgets);
- Planning and organising missions (travel arrangements, accommodation, visas, etc.);
- Ensuring the implementation of relevant administrative and budgetary procedures;
- Various other administrative tasks as required.
On the closing date for applications, candidates must fulfil all the following conditions:
- Be a national of a member state of the European Union;
- Enjoy full rights as a citizen attested by a recent extract from judicial records and/or certificate of good conduct;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by national law on military service;
- Be physically fit to perform the required duties;
- Have a level of post-secondary education attested by a diploma or a level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to higher education – and at least three years of professional experience in a similar post.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (full competence in Word, Excel, PowerPoint), familiarity with other relevant software would be a plus;
- Excellent command (both oral and written) of the main working languages of the EUISS (English and French), knowledge of other languages would be a plus;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Team spirit and good communication skills;
- Sense of initiative.
All interested candidates must complete the online application form, attach a detailed CV (with a clear description of the candidate’s education and professional experience), as well as a cover letter. Applications received by email, fax or post will not be considered.
The deadline for submitting applications is Friday, 21 November 2014, 1800 CET.
The Selection Board will screen the applications (only complete applications will be accepted and considered) and establish a shortlist of candidates to be interviewed – either in person or via a conference call, as appropriate.
Following the interviews, the successful candidate will be offered an initial three-year contract with a six-month probationary period. Additionally, at least four candidates will be placed on a reserve list. The validity of the reserve list is one calendar year from the date of notification but, if needed, the date could be extended. Should this be the case, those on the reserve list will be informed.
Candidates should note that inclusion on the reserve list does not guarantee recruitment. Whenever a relevant vacancy occurs, either for a budgetary post or for a temporary position, the EUISS may invite any of them for additional interviews.
All applicants will be informed of the results of their application by the end of the procedure.
The EUISS is an equal opportunities employer in accordance with its staff regulations and with EU regulations.
The processing of personal data by the EUISS is governed by Regulation (EC) N°45/2001. By submitting an application, the applicant consents to the processing of the personal data contained in the application form and the supporting documents enclosed therewith, in the sense of Article 5 (d) of the Regulation. The personal data in question is collected by the EUISS for the sole purpose of this selection process.
Should a candidate have any questions related to the current vacancy notice or the selection procedure, they should contact Human Resources using the online contact form and indicating the reference of the vacancy notice.