You are here
INSTITUTE FOR SECURITY STUDIES
OF THE EUROPEAN UNION
Assistant / Secretary
Ref : IES /PE(2011)/144
The Institute for Security Studies of the European Union (EUISS), was set up in 2002 for the purpose of contributing to the creation of a common European security culture and to enhance the strategic debate by providing a forum for European decision-makers. Its headquarters are in Paris.
The Institute wishes to appoint an Assistant/Secretary to the Research Fellows, on the basis of a renewable three-year contract. Applicants for this position must be nationals of an EU Member State. The salary scale of the ISSEU is determined in conjunction with the salary scale of the “Coordinated Organisations” to which the grade B3/B4 makes reference.
- Personal assistant/secretary for several researchers at the Institute. Main responsabilities include :
- Taking care of the logistics of high-level seminars and conferences including the preparation and follow up of budgets.
- Organising researchers’ missions ( travel arrangements, accommodation, visa, etc).
- Ensuring the implementation of administrative and accounting procedures.
- Various other secretarial tasks as required.
- Previous professional experience in a similar post.
- Excellent knowledge of Office IT systems.
- Excellent command (both oral and written) of the two languages used at the Institute (English and French).
- Good communication skills.
- Sense of initiative.
A knowledge of other EU languages is desirable.
The short-listed candidates will be invited to attend an interview in Paris.
The selected candidate must undergo a medical examination, prior to taking up duty, attesting that s/he is physically fit for employment.
Applicants should send a full CV (including details of nationality, birth and previous professional experience), quoting the above-mentionned reference, accompanied by a covering letter outlining their reasons for applying for this post, as well as the names, addresses and telephone numbers of two referees, by email or by post, to the following address, by 30 September 2011.
Email : email@example.com
Head of Administration and Personnel
EU Institute for Security Studies
43 avenue du President Wilson
75775 Paris Cedex 16
The Institute for Security Studies provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, in accordance with EU regulations.