You are here
Analyst - The Asia-Pacific region
Contract type and duration: to be determined
Application deadline: 27 November 2013 1800, CET
Supporting documents: online application form; cover letter; CV; list of major publications (if applicable)
The EUISS intends to expand its rolling rosters of analysts with the creation of a roster for the Asia-Pacific region. Targeted are experts with a recognised research record and work experience, and a proven ability to deliver relevant analysis at short notice and operate as project managers.
Eligible applicants for this particular roster must possess expertise in the following area:
The Asia-Pacific region: with special emphasis on South-East Asia and ASEAN, China, Japan and the Korean peninsula, regional security challenges, and relations with the EU.
- Nationality of an EU member state;
- A postgraduate degree;
- Minimum six years of relevant professional experience;
- Ability to produce analyses at a highly professional level;
- Ability to set up and manage projects and networks;
- Ability to work as part of a team within a multicultural environment;
- A very good knowledge of at least one of the Institute's main working languages (English and French);
- Good command of other relevant languages and experience in the region of expertise are a plus.
Instructions for applicants
All interested candidates must fill in the online application form;
Attach a detailed CV with a clear description of the candidate’s education, work experience, and current employment status;
Attach a cover letter addressed to Antonio Missiroli, Director of the EUISS;
If applicable, attach a list of major publications.
The deadline for submitting applications is 27 November 2013, 1800 CET.
Screening and selection procedure
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to provide the names and contact details of two referees.
Decisions will be communicated by email by the end of December.
Τhe processing of personal data by the EUISS is governed by Regulation (EC) N°45/2001. By submitting an application for the analyst roster, the applicant consents to the processing of the personal data contained in the application form and the supporting documents enclosed therewith, in the sense of Article 5 (d) of the Regulation. The personal data in question is collected by the EUISS for the sole purpose of the selection of Analysts.