You are here
— personnel and budget —
IES Post n°13
Grade: B 4 - B 6
Ref: IES / PE (2010) /128
The EU Institute for Security Studies, an agency of the Council of the European Union based in Paris, is recruiting an assistant, for a renewable period of three years, for its administration department. The appointee will have responsibility for personnel and budget management.
Working in close collaboration with the Head of Administration and Personnel, who he/she will assist on a day-to-day basis, the assistant will be involved in the full range of administrative tasks at the Institute. The postholder will also authorise expenditure in a deputy capacity, by delegation of the Director of the Institute. He/she will have the following responsibilities:
- Accounts and budgeting: dealing with expenditure commitment procedures and monitoring disbursement of funds; maintenance of budgetary records; reporting on budget expenditure; keeping track of the Member States' financial contributions; adminstering receipts and expenditure; reconciliation of accounts and preparation of end-of-year accounts; improving administrative procedures.
- Personnel management; maintaining staff details and records, including health insurance, staff benefits and allowances, holidays and training; handling relations with French adminitrative bodies (e.g. the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs); wage and salary administration; welcoming new members of staff and facilitating administrative procedures.
- Secretarial assistance to the Head of Administration.
The appointee will be required to assist in setting up the new Microsoft Dynamics software.
- The appointee must be a national of an EU member state.
- Several years’ experience of administrative management, preferably in an international organisation.
- Professional experience in personnel management.
- Professional experience of public accounting.
- Fluent command of one of the two working languages of the Institute (English and French) and a reasonable level of proficiency in the other.
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Dynamics accounting software system and of office management systems.
Primary university degree
Excellent organisational and communication skills
Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
Professional and meticulous
Ability to work in an international environment
Applications, including a CV and covering letter, should be sent to the Head of Administration at the following e-mail address: email@example.com, by 10 December 2010 at the latest.
The appointment commences on 1 January 2011.
Download job description (pdf)