You are here
India-EU Forum on Effective Multilateralism
The Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA) and the European Union Institute for Security Studies (EUISS) jointly hosted the inaugural India-European Union Forum on Effective Multilateralism at ICWA in New Delhi on October 8 and 9, 2009. The Forum was part of an ongoing dialogue which began in 2008 upon the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding, and which had the aim of contributing to the realisation of the multilateral dimension of the EU-India Partnership. Participants presented papers and structured the discussion along the following themes:
- Building a new paradigm for EU-India relations: from trade and development cooperation to a meaningful strategic partnership;
- Reform of the international system: the quest for democratisation;
- climate change and sustainable development and the financial and economic crisis;
- The contribution of the EU and India to UN peacekeeping and peacebuilding: principles for a common effort;
- Anti-terrorism and international values: lessons learned and prospects for institutional cooperation between India and the EU.