You are here
Financial Clerk – Temporary posting
Financial Clerk – Temporary posting
Ref.: EUISS (2019) TEMP/ 01
Temporary Staff Member
Place of employment: Paris
Starting date: 1 December 2019
The successful candidate will receive a monthly salary of €2,250 a month, subject to national taxes and social insurance.
The successful candidate will be offered a six-month contract.
The European Union Institute for Security Studies (EUISS) is an EU agency that analyses foreign, security and defence policy issues. With its headquarters in Paris and liaison office in Brussels, it also acts as an interface between European experts and decision makers at all levels.
The EUISS seeks to hire a financial clerk who will report to the Financial Officer and join a highly qualified and motivated team engaged in providing relevant expertise to both EU/national officials – through publications, seminars and other activities.
Under the supervision of the Financial Officer, the Financial Clerk will be responsible for:
- registration of suppliers’ invoices;
- initiation of bank payments;
- filing all financial documentation for audit purposes;
- preparation and filing of VAT certificates and quarterly reporting to Belgian and French tax authorities;
- management of customer and supplier accounts;
- liaising with banks, suppliers, tax authorities and other external parties where necessary;
- liaising with the EUISS College of Auditors during their control and audit missions;
- performing other finance/accounting tasks as required.
On the closing date for applications, candidates must fulfil all the following conditions:
- Be a national of a member state of the European Union who enjoys full rights as a citizen attested by a recent extract from judicial records and/or certificate of good conduct;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by national law on military service;
- Be physically fit to perform the required duties;
- Have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Computer literacy and familiarity with the most common accounting software;
- Good knowledge of English or French, with good working knowledge of the other language;
- Possibility to take up duties as close as possible to the 1 December 2019.
- Working experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX software;
- Relevant work experience in similar positions in European institutions and/or agencies.
The EUISS recruitment procedure is applicable.
All interested candidates must complete the online application form, and attach:
- A detailed CV in English (with a clear indication of educational attainment and professional experience);
- A cover letter in English addressed to the EUISS Director;
Applications received by email, fax or post will not be considered. Only correctly and fully completed applications will be accepted.
The deadline for submitting applications is Monday 28 October 2019, 14:00 CET.
The Selection Board will screen the applications and establish a shortlist of candidates to be interviewed in person.
Following the interviews, the successful candidate will be offered a contract of six months with one-month probationary period.
All applicants will be informed of the results of their application by the end of the procedure.
The EUISS is an equal opportunities employer and accepts applications without distinction on the grounds of age, race, political, philosophical or religious conviction, sex or sexual orientation and regardless of disabilities, marital status or family situation.
The processing of personal data by the EUISS is governed by Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Regulation (EC) N° 45/2001 and Decision N° 1247/2002/EC. By submitting an application, the applicant consents to the processing of the personal data contained in the application form and the supporting documents enclosed therewith, in the sense of Article 5.1 (a) of the Regulation. The personal data in question is collected by the EUISS for the sole purpose of this selection process.
Complaints: Candidates have the right to address to the Director of the EUISS an administrative complaint under Article 30.1 of the EUISS Staff Regulations. The complaint must be directed against an act that adversely affects their legal status as a candidate.
Candidates also have the right to submit an appeal to the EUISS Appeals Board, under Article 30.3 and Annex X of the EUISS Staff Regulations. Appeals are not admissible before an administrative complaint has first been made.
Candidates can make a complaint to the European Ombudsman. It should be noted that, under Article 2(4) of the general conditions governing the performance of the Ombudsman’s duties, any complaint lodged with the Ombudsman must be preceded by the appropriate administrative approaches to the institutions and bodies concerned.
Should a candidate have any questions related to the current vacancy notice or the selection procedure or the procedure to follow in case they want to lodge a complaint, they should contact Human Resources using the online contact form and indicating the reference of the vacancy notice.